I made these for a paleo potluck I attended over the weekend, and they were delicious! Egg yolks are one of the healthiest foods on the planet; mix them with avocado, and you’ve got a super healthy-fat duo without the pro-inflammatory oils found in traditional deviled eggs. Alkalizing lime juice prevents oxidation of the avocado and adds a little punch.
There are several variations of this recipe floating around the internet, but this is my simplified contribution:
Makes 8 deviled egg halves.
- 4 hard boiled eggs – preferably organic and pastured
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Peel boiled eggs (keep an eye out for my forthcoming guide on how to easily peel a hard boiled egg!) and slice in half.
- Carefully scoop out the yolks and mix them in a bowl with avocado flesh, hot sauce, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Refill the white halves with the mixture, and garnish with parsley.